Metan Global Entertainment is a China-centric media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium content across television, online, social media, and film specifically for the China market by bridging Hollywood and China and innovating China’s media landscape to a new era of production and content. Metan’s 360o media business model fully integrates alternative ancillary businesses across its content including Hollywood representation, digital media, and e-commerce platforms to exploit and capitalize on derivative revenue opportunities that are unprecedented in China today.
Formed in 2008, Metan is co-founded by Larry Namer (co-founder of E! Entertainment) and Marty Pompadur (former Chairman of News Corporation Europe). Together joining other co-founders, Oganes Sobolev (co-founder of Video International) and Jean Zhang (founder of AmeriLink), Metan was formed as the first Chinese media company to bridge China and Hollywood that leverages best practices from both the West and the East – from content and talent to the best formats and technologies.
1. Social Media / Web Intern
- Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Familiar with WordPress.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
2. Production Intern
- Will be able to learn and provide assistance from a range of jobs such as editing, graphics, filming, research, writing, translation, and voice over work.
- Assist production staff with day to day production issues for different departments.
- Work closely with various cross-departmental groups to ensure communication, delivery of assets and feedback.
Help assemble presentations for teams, take screenshots and record footage.
- Research social media trends and key influences.
- Unpaid internship
- Spring or Summer at least 3 months
- 2-3 days/week
- 10 am-6 pm
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.