Genentech is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. We are among the world’s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Position: Clinical Data Processing and Curation Programmer
The Bioinformatics & Computational Biology Department (B&CB) in collaboration with the Human Genetics department at Genentech is seeking a motivated and collaborative programmer to process and curate data from clinical trials and studies for a large number of patients in a wide variety of indications. Clinical data will be imported from multiple sources and formats and integrated with biomarker data for the purpose of data curation and association analysis. The mission in B&CB is to make available to Genentech researchers the clinical and biomarker data for discovery research. The applicant will be in charge of this multi-step process, including data processing using R, developing and utilizing existing tools for curation of the clinical data.
- Processing and importing clinical data into a database
- Extracting baseline clinical data using R packages
- Assessing the quality, documentation and making data available for internal use Software development: R programs for data processing
- Working with Bioinformatics and Human Genetics staff to implement clinical data curation plans
- R Programming – MUST
- Data curation – MUST
- Bio/Pharma experience – MUST
- Applicants should have a BS degree in Computer Science or Science/Biology related field
- Knowledge or experience in clinical data including standards like CDISC, clinical lab, or epidemiology is highly desirable
- A solid understanding of software development (R), databases and data management background is advantageous
- Full-time position
- Location: San Francisco, CA
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.