Zhuhai municipal government and UCCTC is seeking a North American Trade Promotion Representative to promote the city’s trade and investment issues in North American region (mainly US and Canada). Trade Promotions Representative will be responsible for developing & implementing the city’s trade promotion plan, strategy, tactics, assortment, analysis and communication for the relevant business sectors in North America; also has responsibility for foreign direct investment, promoting tourism and bilateral trade issues.
- To conduct Economic and trade relationship networking in North America; organize city promotion events; enhance investment and trade development between the city and North America
- To coordinate trade and business events by delegations from Zhuhai government and corporations
- To identify potential investors or business partners and develop contact with them, understanding their investment strategies
- To strengthen relationships with governments and key industrial organizations, business agencies in North America to encourage and support their commitment to cooperate with Zhuhai
- To measure and monitor trade promotion process towards the achievement of city’s goals, advising on re-orientation and corrective action where necessary
- To represent the city at relevant conferences or events in North America. This includes, speaking engagements and presentations to governmental or business groups
- To organize Zhuhai trade promotion fairs and other promotional activities in North America and engage in all representational activities
- To delegate North American companies and projects compatible with Zhuhai’s industrial growth objectives to Zhuhai for further communication ▪ To engage in all representational activities
Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability in business research undertakings, Excellent analytical and writing skills; Excellent computer and interpersonal skills; Strong social and networking skills; Native Speaker of English is required; knowledge of Chinese is preferred.
Minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in economics / Business / Marketing / Public Policy or related fields; Master degree is preferred.
Good understanding on trade and investment promotion work involves; Excellent and sound knowledge of legislations and relevant policies on China-North America investment and trade promotion; Minimum 3 years trade promotion/marketing /Business relevant work experiences.
Highly motivated Self-starter; Ability of work independently; Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and manage work with less supervision.
Please send a cover letter with a brief description of your availability to work, English and Mandarin language skills, experience and qualifications and your CV to HR@uschinacleantech.org before Feb 29, 2020.