Led by industry veterans, Golden Rat Studios LLC is building the next generation of real-time, multiplayer, social games for Explorer Corporation Limited, a new mobile game distributor located in Hong Kong.
Our name 金鼠工作室 (Golden Rat Studios) is inspired by the first symbol in the Chinese zodiac: 鼠 (the rat). Appropriate for a social games company, the rat represents wisdom… with a dash of slyness thrown in. Assuring that good chi flows through our offices, Golden Rat mascots can be found in the southeast luck sectors of the studio.
Under Explorer’s direction, Golden Rat is assisting in creating a mobile gaming and loyalty platform that Explorer will deploy in Asian markets. Golden Rat is developing world-class social games featuring unique real-time multiplayer and cooperative mechanics. These games will be initially released on mobile platforms (i.e. Android and iOS/Apple) to users in Asian language markets.
Golden Rat Studios is looking for a talented and experienced production artist to create 2D art for its new social casino game. We are looking for an artist with a diverse skill set who works smart and is passionate about producing highly crafted, indelible art. This position involves the art design and production of in-game assets, including: UI, icons, typography, and graphic illustration. Candidate must have proven experience in game art design, solid communication skills, strong self-motivation, bold creativity, and the desire to iterate to perfection.
- Create highly polished 2D game assets, UI, icons and illustrations
- Adhere to technical specifications and standards, and produce efficient assets
- Help establish the UI design and follow art guidelines
- Assist in the creation of UI, typographic, and iconographic style sheets
- Create 2D assets for UI animations
- 3+ years 2D artist experience in social and/or mobile games
- Strong illustration and graphic design skills
- Experience in UI design
- Proficiency with: Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of mobile game environment: phone/tablet, iOS/android, native app, free-to-play
- Passion for playing and creating social games
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of color theory, and the application of color to UX needs
- Personal capabilities
- Experience in character design and illustration
- Working knowledge of Unity and 3D workflow.
- Experience in one full production cycle of a mobile game app
- Demonstrable abilities to create and polish highly stylized 2D and UI assets
- Understanding of the Chinese gaming market
- Knowledge of Chinese Anime
- Multilingual proficiency in English, Mandarin & Cantonese a super plus!
- Work with a great team in an organization that is at the early stage of achieving something “big”
- A fun place to work ☺
- Catered meals
- Vacation/personal time off
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision & dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents
- H1b Sponsored
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.