Cloud Support Engineer (Mandarin Chinese Speaker)
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
About This Job
This is a technical support role (NOT call center) who should be an expert in various IT areas and provide timely and professional troubleshooting advice and architectural best practice to AWS customers via support cases.
We are seeking people with strong technical skills: Experience with Big Data and/or Database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every Day Will Bring New and Exciting Challenges On The Job While You Will:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
- Strong customer focus
Must Have Demonstrated Expertise in The Below Areas:
- Networking (DNS, TCP, IP, HTTP(S), VLAN, etc.)
Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Open to working shifts (e.g. 7am-3pm or 10am-6pm, Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat)
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Open to dedicating to Mandarin Chinese support
- Exposure to Cloud computing
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Big Data (Hadoop, Map/Reduce, etc.)
- Databases (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.)
- Virtualization (OpenStack, Xen, KVM, etc.)
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Remote technical support or system administrator experience
Software Engineering Intern
Amazon is working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We’re looking for outstanding Engineering Interns who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer.
- Current enrollment in a degree-granting college or university studying Mechanical Engineering, EE, Computer Science, Aeronautics, Robotics or related field
- Experience with hardware/software integration and real time mission-critical systems.
- Strong Mathematical/Statistical and applied physics fundamentals.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
- Experience applying machine-learning and scale-out approaches to complex problems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience building complex software/hardware mission-critical systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale.
- Knowledge of engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification and livesite operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project.
- Experience in communicating with customers, technical, regulatory, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.