Red Apollo Group is a subsidiary of Lens Media, located in Beijing, China. We are a leading film distribution and production company based in El Monte, CA. Red Apollo Group has worked with mainstream US Studios to acquire high-end films such as Florence Foster Jenkins, The Zookeeper’s Wife, Elvis and Nixon, and The Infiltrator. www.redapollogroup.com
Summer Film Intern
We are looking to hire an intern for a period of three months, the weekly schedule can be determined based on individual needs. The ideal Candidate is detailed oriented, a fast learner, passionate about films, analytical, a self-starter, and a good communicator. The selected candidate will gain insider knowledge about the acquisitions and distribution processes. They will receive hands-on experience in assembling film investment portfolios. Intern will also leave with a better grasp of how to analyze a project’s value in the Chinese market based on story content, censorship practices, and marketability.
****Please provide a sample of script coverage if available (this is not required, but will help us in our search)*****
Part time (Flexible)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with research and evaluation for novels and films for acquisitions
- Assist with research for film festivals
- Administration tasks (i.e. answer phones, file, copy, maintain office, etc)
- Update website, and social media, contacting press for press releases
- Reading scripts and writing coverage
- Participate and take notes in staff meetings
- Must have legal eligibility to work in the U.S. (For OPT must have work permit BEFORE applying)
- Must be comfortable making phone calls
- Familiar with script format
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year university or have recently graduated in the past 6 months.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- 1 year of film related experience (preferred)
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
Unpaid internship – negotiable stipend
Los Angeles, CA
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.