Founded on July 1st 2013, Wow Barbecue began serving authentic Chinese Barbecue (food on a stick) on the streets of Boston in a bright red food truck. Our mission is to introduce this delicious, and totally foreign food to the city of Boston and furthermore to provide a taste of home for all Chinese nationals working and studying in the area as well as serving as ambassadors for Chinese culture and food.
Catering General Manager
- The pop-up and catering manager will manage in office full service caterings and drop off deliveries.
- The pop-up and catering manager will actively look for more opportunities to expand our catering/pop up operation.
- Establish and build positive relationships with business partners and customers to ensure satisfaction and continued sales.
- Ensure catering department is trained and staffed to maintain company essence and quality standards.
- Perform operational activities such as inventory control, scheduling, sanitation, planning, maintaining stock, monitoring food supplies and forecast projections and ensuring quality product.
Full time working hours
This is full-time section.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 9:30AM: Pack up – Our base operation is in Brookline MA (Wu Er Restaurant). By the time you show up at this location food will be cooked. You will have 30 minutes to load up the van with all the food, equipment and plates for the day’s services. Most of the catering and pop up sites are in Boston.
- 10:00AM: Hit the road – Because most of the locations are in Boston, 30 minutes of driving should get you there.
- 10:30AM to 11:30AM: Set-up – By this time one or two of your staff should be present at the site to help you unload everything and set it up for service. Ensure that all food temperatures are maintained for food safety.
- 11:30AM to 2:00PM: Service- On an any giving day you will be serving 100 to 200 people in this time frame. You oversee food presentation, portion control and customer services.
- 2:00PM: Breakdown – your staff will help you breakdown the set-up and load up the van, make sure the site is properly cleaned and organized. You will drive the van back and restaurant employees will help you unload the van. While they are unloading the van you need to restock all of the sauce and paper goods for the next event.
- 2-5 years of food management & catering experience, preferably in full food service atmosphere.
- Exposure to financial accountability.
- Ability to plan, motivate and influence others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
- A base salary ($3,500/month) plus commission, possibility of yearly bonus.
- Positive culture, ongoing training and feedback.
- No Late Nights.
- FANTASTIC team environment
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.