ABE (Above Board Electronics, Inc.) is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of mechanical, electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
ABE’s Mission is to provide our Customers with ‘The Right Products and Services . . . On Schedule . . . and at the Best Prices, for all of our Valued Customers. As the Business journey continues to become increasingly complex in today’s business environment, ABE’s core Mission still remains steadfast in our determination to meet your evolving needs from the Design/NPI, First Article and then into Global Production stages. ABE has a solution to fit your needs at each stage of your manufacturing process.
Customer Service Representative
Provide support for ABE team members and external customers to promote growth and achievement of goals. A strong Customer Service Rep allows ABE Sales staff to focus their efforts on targeted business growth. Positive results are often reflected in growing sales numbers, increased daily levels of business, and improvement in workplace morale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily handling of inbound phone calls, faxes, and emails
- Daily product sourcing
- Daily entry of quotes/orders
- Weekly proactive quote follow-up
- Weekly/as needed entry of new customers/items/vendors
- Daily proactive expediting, and reactive expediting as required
- Weekly/as needed response to post order document requests (packer/invoice/POD/certifications)
- As needed completion of RMA requests in a manner consistent with ABE policy
- Misc data entry and follow-up as requested by ABE Sales/Management
- Maintain working knowledge of ABE warehouse procedures monthly or as needed
Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: college -or- 1 year Customer Service experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Identify preferred sources for product based on training and use of available resources, subject to Sales review
- Submit customer pricing to ABE Sales/Management for approval, based on established ABE pricing guidelines
- Thoroughly investigate customer complaints/RMA requests, often working with multiple departments and vendor contacts to identify one or more possible resolutions
- Provide product identification and troubleshooting assistance on Core-12 product lines utilizing any combination of physical and online catalogs, ABE internal documents and resources, and vendor contacts
- Work directly with ABE customers to facilitate transactional buying and selling opportunities, as well as resolving all post order requests
- Work directly with ABE vendors to negotiate favorable pricing and delivery that helps secure orders, as well as obtaining product and application support as needed
- Have basic mathematical knowledge, including calculating percentages
- Apply knowledge of ABE operating workflow to identify and help resolve errors that have led to RMAs and other post-order discrepancies
- Prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Given a standard set of expectations, take action on job functions with minimal direction/supervision required
- Maintain a positive demeanor on a daily basis, despite challenges
Use existing and new technologies to communicate and facilitate effective communication, while also maintaining daily phone and face-to-face communications where appropriate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (travel requirements, physical requirements, etc)
- More than ⅔ of day at a workstation
- Moderate noise level due to inbound/outbound calling, computer keyboarding, and printing
Occasional travel for material pick-up or delivery on an irregular basis.
Orange County, CA
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.