China Telecom Americas, a wholly-owned US-based subsidiary of China Telecom Corp. Ltd. (NYSE: CHA), is an international telecom provider for Data, IP and Voice Wholesale services to multinational companies, organizations and international carriers requiring China domestic services and International access to China & Asia Pacific.
With headquarters in Herndon, Virginia, and offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Jose, and subsidiaries in Toronto, Canada, and Sao Paolo, Brazil, China Telecom Americas continues to expand its strength and reach.
China Telecom Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify Participant.
Shift Assistant Engineer
We have multiple openings in our fast-growing Los Angeles office for Transport and Data/IP networking professionals who are willing to start out working nights and weekend shifts. Shift Engineers will monitor and troubleshoot Telecom network (Transport and Data networks). This position is for a duty engineer 7 X 24 hrs.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Transport network and IP network monitoring. Take action on network faculty and alarms according to company procedure. Open tickets to related carriers, Track ticket status.
- Process customer trouble ticket, carrier trouble ticket, Escalate ticket according to escalation procedure.
- International Private Line testing and activation.
- Analyze, monitor and maintain all CTA POP facility includes but not limited at HVAC, AC UPS, DC power plant and fire pre-action system.
Essential Skills, Qualification and Education Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Telecommunications or similar field
- Minimum 2 years of related professional experience with computer and telecommunication networks
- Strong understanding of interface technology
- Must be fluent in both Chinese and English to read, write and verbally communicate
- Hands-on experience with the operation of Cisco routers and switches
- Experience of transport and IP network is preferred
- Cisco certifications a plus, but not required
Successful candidates will strive to learn and advance, have excellent communication skills, strong organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances at no cost to employees;
- vacation, sick, and holiday leaves;
- and a 401(k) Plan with a Company match.
Number Of Openings
Los Angeles Office
How To Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line of Job Title_Name.